When working with text comprehension, the only procedure teachers of English as a second language should discourage students from using is
- A taking advantage of cognate words.
- B trying to guess the meaning of unknown words through the context.
- C identifying the main idea of the text by analyzing the topic sentences of each paragraph.
- D checking the dictionary for all the new words or expressions.
- E underlying repeated words or expressions, as they may provide a clue to the main idea of the text.