Adapted from The New Yorker, July 29, 2013.
According to the information in the article, the Codex Group’s research data supports all of the following except
- A at the moment, the Internet is not the most popular alternative for people interested in searching for something new to read.
- B if given a choice between buying a book in the electronic version or in the printed version, people still inevitably prefer the printed version.
- C the vast majority of people who read e-books are still attracted to printed books.
- D among the people who often purchase books, only a relatively small proportion limit themselves exclusively to e-books.
- E instead of representing a broad spectrum of literature and published material, e-book sales are still dominated by certain kinds of books.