Available at: <http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20180503-our-fi ction-
-addiction-why-humans-need-stories>. Retrieved on: 3 May 2018.
The novelist Ian McEwan
- A states that themes like revenge and gratitude are only represented in literature from the Industrial Revolution onwards.
- B argues that themes of 19th century literature are already present in primitive cultures.
- C thinks it is not possible to enjoy literature from a time remote from our own.
- D believes that ancient cultures did not have the habit of storytelling.
- E does not legitimate evolutionary readings of literature.