Adapted from The New Yorker, July 29, 2013.
With respect to independent bookstores, which of the following is most supported by the information in the article?
- A They have recently become more profitable than online booksellers.
- B They have never been so profitable as they are nowadays.
- C They have had to enter into strategic partnerships with book publishers in order to avoid bankruptcy.
- D They have been able to strengthen their business by both selling to customers and providing them with information.
- E They have become even more important because they advise customers on which authors to read and publishers on which authors to publish.