Adapted from Natural History, March 2015.
According to the information in the article, the fact that zebra striping patterns can vary in accordance with geographical area may indicate that
- A each zebra species reacts differently to both predators and climate.
- B genetics may not be as powerful a factor in determining striping patterns as was once believed.
- C zebra stripes may not be entirely beneficial.
- D zebra stripes are a relatively new evolutionary phenomenon.
- E zebra stripes are beneficial in ways that have never been imagined.